|We set up a 'salad station' for dinner.|
|These Oatmeal Lemon Bars were a hit. Keep reading for the recipe .|
|Totally obsessed with jars and paper straws lately!|
|My sister and I with Hadley and her mom and 2 sisters.|
|Chloe was loving all the attention from the boys!|
|My Aunt's and cousins.|
|I heart my family!|
|Miss Chloe with the bride.|
|Scrap fabric + rope = banner.|
|Loving this burlap banner. Making a few more of these for Bijou today!|
|My sweet friend Nichole totally saved my butt once again.|
The Oatmeal Lemon Bars were a total hit. I can't take credit for the recipe, your thank you's should be directed to Betty Crocker. This recipe is all over Pinterest and turned out better than expected.
(I may have made them 2 days in a row) But don't worry my fellow MyFitnessPal users. I added up all the calories and have kept track of each of ( 285 calorie) piece I have.
Oatmeal Lemon Bars
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In large bowl, cut butter into cookie mix, using fork or pastry blender. Stir in egg until mixture is crumbly. Press half of cookie mixture into bottom of pan; bake 15 minutes.
- 3. In small bowl, stir condensed milk, lemon peel and lemon juice until thick. Spread over baked crust. Crumble remaining cookie mixture over top. Bake about 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. For bars, cut into 5 rows by 5 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.