Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hunger Games, oh how I love you...


*This post was originally posted on my other blog a couple weeks ago. But I decided to move it over here as well.

A bunch of friends and I went to see the Hunger Games Thursday (March 22). We went to a special showing at 7:00 before the movie 'officially' comes out. The lady that put it all together did amazing! We all got lanyards and goodie bags upon entering the theater and then they had a bunch of prizes. She had it all organized by 'Districts' and there were 'Seam' prizes as well. It was such a fun night! It was 7 of the girls from our Book Club and a few of our husbands who have read the book as well who all went to the movie. We thought it would be fun to have matching shirts but being the procrastinators that we are we didn't think about it until 2 days before the movie. And thus there was no where to print shirts that fast. So my sweet friends Nichole and Meagan and I took matters into out own hands.

Linking up to Tater Tots & Jello.


We used my silhouette to cut out Mockingjays and letters from cardstock to paint around, along with fabric letters to iron on to the shirts we bought.



We spray painted the small red mockingjays in between the fabric letters.








Dari, Me, Cheryl, Nichole, Brittney, Meagan & Jeanette


The guys were good sports and let us dress them up as well.

Didn't they turn out great? 


Cheryl & I. Notice my Mockingjay pin.  (Thanks Mommy!)  I may be a super fan 

We all had so much fun. Thank you Dari for setting it all up! And I LOVED the movie. I even went and saw it AGAIN that night at midnight. What do you think of the shirts? Have you seen the movie???


No comments:

Post a Comment