Sunday, April 15, 2012

Maybe we shouldn't have named him Danger...

Jaxon has always been a pro at the stairs. Until tonight. He was in a hurry and slipped and fell down the last 4 or 5 steps. He didn't cry much at first but then every time he would stand or try and walk he would immediately fall down crying. It was heart-breaking. The hubs was out playing poker with the guys, so my in-laws watched Chloe, while me and my little buddy took a trip to the emergency room around 11:00pm.

This week has been so busy, that I was really looking forward to putting the kids to bed and diving into my new book. But then life smacked me in the face and I remembered that things don't go as planned. (Especially once you have kids!)

Jaxon is doing good now. They gave home some meds and the nurses were super sweet to him. They loaded him up with lots of stickers and one even went to the cafeteria to get him orange juice (the only thing he kept asking for). We have to go back this week for more X-rays and to see if his foot is healing in this cast or if they need to put him in something else. Hopefully it will heal fast and he won't be in any more pain. We have a wedding in 13 days and he needs to be fully functional to play with all his cousins! (not because he just got new grey Chucks for the wedding that won't fit over his cast!)

I am blaming Scotty for this one. First broken bone at age 2? Yeah... He might just be living up to his middle name.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Poor little guy! Hope he heals quickly too! I'll bet he will, kids heal in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, so so sad!! He is just cute as ever, I hope he heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor bebe... but he is so stinkin' cute! Look at that face!

    Chris

    www.chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete