Sunday, October 7, 2012

When the boys are away...

The girls (and kids) will play!

Last weekend was the annual boys trip for our family. For as long as I can remember my Dad and my brothers have gone down to Escalante for the Deer Hunt. This year they did the muzzleloader hunt. So My Dad, his brother, my brothers and my husband all went down to Escalante. (Jaxon will go eventually, but he's still too young. So he stayed with the girls.)

Everyone was really looking forward to it. And to be honest I'm a little jealous of this trip. I think we need to start having an annual girls trip. So to combat my jealousy I had a jam packed weekend. It was awesome.

Friday I went to lunch with some of my favorite ladies that I used to work with for years before having Chloe. It was great to catch up, and spend time together. Plus the kids love them so it was a wonderful afternoon.

After lunch we went to the library and stopped by the park so the kids could wear themselves out. Then we went home so they could have a nap before my sis in law Hadley came down to Happy Valley for the evening. Once Hadley came down, we did some shopping (chasing kids around) at the mall and then had dinner at Los Hermanos. After dinner we went to Target and did some more shopping.


Then we headed home, put the kids in bed (they were wiped out!) Then we got our craft on. We picked up some plain sweatshirts on the clearance rack at Target. We added a little pocket to spruce them up a bit. It was super simple but I love the outcome. Hadley has made another that is adorable! While crafting we spent some time with Carrie Bradshaw and tried to answer call after call from our husbands calling to check in. The service is horrible in Escalante and we couldn't ever hardly hear a word. But they were determined to get to talk to us.


Saturday morning the kids and I got up early and headed to the Provo Farmers Market. The kids loved picking out their breakfast from the local farmers and sitting in their wagon. They helped me pick out delicious corn, berries, and they each picked out a couple pumpkins.


After picking out our bounty we played at the park and ate lunch next to the playground. By the time we got home the kids were asleep. I loaded them in the house and took a nap myself while they slept. After our nap we went grocery shopping and then headed up Provo Canyon. The leaves this time of year are just breathtaking and I love a good drive, and the kids love singing and dancing in the car so it was great. On our way back down we stopped at bridal veil falls and then at Canyon Glen for a picnic. The kids were in heaven. We ran around. Walked over the bridge a dozen times, laid under the trees and then the kids couldn't stop 'climbing' on them.
Those 3 apples that Chloe is holding cost me $7.68! Seriously more than $2 an apple? The kids were biting into them before I check the receipt to find out. Darn you HoneyCrisp apples!



Once I finally wrangled them both to the car we headed to support the Happy Valley Derby Darlins. They had their season closer in Spanish Fork. A few other local crafty ladies were going too. It was fun to spend the evening with them and let the kids run around like crazies! And I totally want to be a derby girl. If only I could roller skate. I can roller blade, would that work?


Sunday was mellow. Visited with some friends in the morning, went to church, took naps and then Scott came home. We all were stoked to have him home.

My kids are pretty rad. I love hanging out with them.

2 comments:

  1. I love the one of him blow drying his hair!
    And his little sweater! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this makes me want to take a nap.

    ReplyDelete