Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Honesty.

Shouldn't our first instinct be to trust what people say is true? When someone gives you their word, trust that it is true.  Why is it so often that people don't believe a word you say, even before you say it? If you rush to judgement of someone, often times that judgement is wrong.

I try to always be honest. If I give you my word, I mean it. I strive daily to be a trustworthy person.

Recently I have had a run in with someone accusing me of stealing her idea for a product I sell. The whole accusation is ridiculous. I have made said product and similar ones for years. On numerous occasions I have seen items very similar to what I make being made and sold and have been  bummed that I was no longer original. But realize that it comes with the territory in the craft world. And who am I to say that they didn't have a similar idea as me?  I would never try to discredit someone or harass them or try to  ruin their business. In the last few days this of all has been done to me.

It's hard. I feel like I am fighting a neverending battle. No matter what I say or do my word is not believed. But, I trust myself. I know I did NOT steal someones idea for my benefit. The idea and pattern was and is my own. As long as I know that, it doesn't really matter what she thinks right?



Trust yourself. Even if no one else does.  

3 comments:

  1. IN MY DARLING HUSBAND'S WORDS...."SCALLYWAG" THAT LADY IS A SCALLYWAG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know who is doing the accusing! WTH?! That's messed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, it makes me angry that someone is being that immature! Especially towards you, you are the sweetest and don't deserve it at all. Argh...

    ReplyDelete