Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIWW: Who Wear's Short Shorts?

Not me! Honestly I hate wearing shorts. I hate wearing long shorts let alone short shorts! I haven't worn shorts (other than working out) since before I was pregnant with Jaxon. That's over 3 years ago people! I seriously hate my knees. I have fat knees and I feel much more comfortable in pants, dresses, skirts and capri's. But on Monday I decided to cut a pair of my jeans off and try it out again.


Shorts: Dickies (originally pants). Shirt: Old Navy. Stripped tank & Shoes: Target. Necklace: Francesca's. Watch: Michael Kors. Bracelets: Cotton On & Fossil. Earrings: Forever 21

We spent the day at the pool and were meeting some friends for dinner. I was rushing to shower and get ready. It was still over 100 degrees out so the jeans became shorts and the hair was left wet, natural and wavy. (Despite having no time, it was way to hot for blow drying and straightening.)

Still have major issues with my knees and my body overall, but I'm working on it.

What do you think of the outfit? Personally it's all a little too preppy for 'me' but hey I tried something new.

Linking up to some fabulous ladies.

7 comments:

  1. I think your outfit is perfect, as per usual!:) And I promise, you're the only one who thinks that about your knees. you can totally pull off shorts!

    I wish my hair looked that cute when I let it go natural. My curl is so inconsistent, it's a hideous sight unless I manipulate it with the curling iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise you that you don't have fat knees :) You look super cute!

    Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your top! Great colors and goes well with your hair! =)

    Stopping by from the pleated poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it! I have the same shorts issues...but living here, Ive kind of had to get over it. Along with the arms things too (i REALLY hate my arms), but it's too hot here too care!! :) Good for you for going out of your comfort zone! It paid off! You look really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look fabulous! And I love the preppy look on you.

    Know that you are perfectly fabulous just the way you are! Your legs are too pretty not to show off in a pair of shorts, miss lady =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is super cute!! I love the shoes! I want a pair! lol.
    I am so proud of you! You look amazing! I wish we lived closer so we could go through this together! I have lost almost 30 pounds since January! How are you doing with the 5K? I am running mine on Sat. Miss You!
    ~Kerrstyn

    ReplyDelete