Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

I'm sure some of you may wonder why I do these posts. Since having kids, there have been times where I don't worry so much about getting myself ready. I have found myself to stay in sweats all day or just throw 'something' on without putting much thought into it. I'm trying to change this. I like getting ready and it makes me feel better and I have more energy to get stuff done throughout the day if I take the time to get ready.

Last summer I was at the grocery store with my mom. There was an unbelievable amount of women there in their sweats or pajamas. My mom commented on it and said she wouldn't feel comfortable going out in public like that (not only were the in PJ's but hair a mess, no make-up etc). I made the comment that I wish I felt more comfortable like that in public because it would give me more time in the day to do other things. Then my mom smiled sightly and said 'Yes. But their poor, poor husbands.'

That has stayed with me. I think about how I used to get ready for my husband. When we were dating and first met I dressed for him. As the years have gone by it seems like I now dress for everyone else. I dress up when I go out with my friends, when I go to church, when I just am out running errands. But in dressing for my husband I have slacked. So I am working in it. I do a good job of it when we go out. But I need to be better about when we are just at home.

Here's what I wore on date night:



Jeans: Old Navy. Shoes: Target. Undershirt: Whimsy. Tank: Cotton On. Necklace: JCP. Earrings and bracelet: Cavalcade. Watch: Michael Kors.

So yes. I do these posts to remind myself to get out of the sweats and put something cute on. And I promise it happens for than once a week! But please tell me that I'm not the only one who just really likes wearing yoga pants when I'm at home?!?!

And I am guest posting over here today. Yes I am a bookworm. Come read about it...

I'm linking this post up here & here & here.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute outfit! I wish it was warm enough here to wear tank tops and sandals!! I like what your mom said about dressing up for your husband...I dont ever dress up for james! I really should, especially before baby and it gets so much harder to set the time aside to do it!

    ReplyDelete