Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Your questions, My answers. Volume 2.

1. Do you really go to the gym at 2:00am? How can you stay awake?

Up until a month ago, yes, I went to the gym between 1:00am and 2:00am 3-4 times a week. I am a night owl. But there's more to it than that. For the last year we have been a one car family. So while my husband is at work I am home with the kids. We take walks and still get out but it's hard without a car. Up until a month ago we were living in my in-laws basement apartment. We had our own kitchen and bathrooms and everything. It was a full 2 bedroom/ 2 bath apartment. It was wonderful and really helped us out. But between that and not having a car I felt trapped. I never had alone time. So when my husband would get home from work (sometimes between midnight and 1am) I would feel the need to 'get out'! And what's open at 1am? Walmart and the Gym. So I would do my grocery shopping and go to the gym in the middle of the night.

Some might think this is crazy, but it was such a stress relief for me. And it really helped in my weight loss goals. And now we have moved into our own place. And I have only been to the gym late twice in the last 5 weeks. Now we have our own place, awesome neighbors and we are above ground! So the trapped feeling isn't there anymore. Which is great, but not so great for those dang numbers on the scale!

Going with an empty parking lot and empty gym though is quite amazing. 


2. Where did you grow up?

I spent the first few years of my life in Escalante, UT. A very small town in southern Utah. (like population 700. Very small!) But when I was 3 we moved to California. We lived in Santa Clarita for a year and then moved to Palmdale (Northern LA county). I lived there until I graduated high school and moved to Utah to go to BYU. Since then I've moved back and forth a few times but now we are in Utah and I really love it here.

Escalante. I love this town. 


3. Why do you do WIWW posts?

Good question. I ask myself that alot. We are on a tight budget and I don't have the newest fashions nor the money to shop. So it's not to show off my clothes. But its more for me to force myself to get ready for the day. (I promise it doesn't just happen once a week!)

Being a SAHM can really do horrible things to your looks and how you feel about yourself. Some days its so much easier to stay in yoga pants and a tee all day. And some days it happens. But I have really tried to not let myself fall into that rut. I feel so much better once I get ready for the day and I have so much more motivation to get things one during the day. So that's why I do them. I like to see what outfits I can come up with throughout the week. And I like having a reason to fix up.

One of my favorite outfits from my WiWW posts. 
More answers coming soon. If you have any you want to submit email me at eleven19 at mail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment